I find that December is all about looking back at the year more so once we are over Christmas and heading towards New Year. People never really seem to reflect on Christmas I found this tag last Christmas however I did not have time to publish it so I thought I would share it this festive season.
In the last few months, I have seen a lot of Youtubers dot the baby name tag and it has become one of my favouite videos to watch because I am noisy and like to see what other people think of names. I actually saw my lovely friend Emily do it on her blog so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and do it as well.
1. What is your favourite boy and girl’s name from the top UK names list?
For a girls name I think I would have to go with the name Scarlett which I think is just such a pretty and really girly name without sounding too cute and young. I do not actually know anybody called this at the moment but I am sure this will change now I have said it. For a boy my favourite name is Logan which I think is all to do with Xmen but for me it a really strong and powerful name which is maybe the reason behind why I like it so much.
2. What is your least favourite boy and girl’s name from the top UK names list?
For a girl it has to be Jessica, I know the reason why it is my least favourite because this is what so many people ask if Jess is name actually is when you tell them her name. No, it is not I feel like getting her a t-shirt which says Just Jess maybe that could be her blog in the future she was one of only 15 Jess’s registered in the UK in 2015. For a boy it has to be Bobby there are some personal reasons and the fact is that I just don’t think the name Bob would suit a child now. Sorry if your kid’s names are these.
3. If you had twins, what would you name them? (G/G, B/B, B/G)
No, I wouldn’t even though my name is super common it has not done anything to annoy me too much and it has lasted me 22 years so why change it now.
5. You have four children, any gender, their first names all have to start with the same letter. What would their names be?
Jess, Jacob, Jordan, Josh I don’t think I could have all J names thought it would confuse me way too much and I would be pretty outnumbered.
6. What’s your favourite animal inspired name?
Leo which is Latin for Lion I think this is a name which I like and an animal name which people wouldn’t think is too out there and different.
7. What’s your favourite colour inspired name?
13. A baby name based on a food / drink?
I think I am going to have to say Louie which is a crab I think it is one which you could use and people would not think that it was too unique and I do not think there are many people who I actually know who have this name.
14. A baby name based on a month?
Noah, I think is a really beautiful name, however, I know so many people called this now so I do not think I would be using this in the future should I have any more children.
What do you think of the names I have chosen. If you have not do this tag and would love to please do, leave me your links in the comments because for sure I will check them out.
I was tagged by the lovely Sarah from mummycatnotes she is a lovely fellow Mummy bloggers who is you have not checked out you should. I am so thankful that she tagged me because autumn/fall is one of my favourite seasons of the year.
What is your favorite Fall scent?
What is one thing that you look forward to every single Fall?
How do you like to spend the more chilly/cloudy days in the Fall?
Which do you prefer: Halloween or Thanksgiving?
What is one way you do to embrace the Fall season?
What photos would you like to get this Fall season?
Favorite childhood memory from this season?
Just returning to school after the holidays and the excitement of the build up to Christmas and all huddling around the single radiator that works in the school or sitting on the pipes which used to be warm. Always having some amazing roast dinners which you seem to eat more of when the weather becomes a little bit rubbish.
What is your favorite trend (fashion/makeup/etc) so far this season?
As a mum who is always busy I have has a lot of time to look but I would say it is ankle boots because they are something which is are always really comfortable and on the top of my list. I think in a couple of weeks I will have to get them out because so far it has been way to mild so I have not had them out.
Describe what the Fall weather really looks like where you live.
Windy, bit wet at the moment, being in England where its pretty much always raining and a nice temperature however, this year we seem to be having warmer days and it does not seem to be raining that much at the moment however, I am sure this is something which is going to change in the coming weeks.
I am not going to tag anyone, because Fall is nearly over I guess but if anyone wants to go for it do it and leave your link in the comments and I will check it out.
I was looking through my blog and the posts which I want to share with you in the next few weeks and realised that a lot of them are hauls as I have been purchasing a lot of things since I have a lot more free time since I finished university for the summer, Or reviews and tips of things which I feel could be useful to people this summer. While scrolling through social media which I do when I am looking for inspiration I noticed Sian from Theenglisheverygirl had done thing tag which shares a little bit more information about yourself with your readers. I realised that this is something which I have not done in the longest time so I though I would do this tag.
What’s the story behind your blog name?
Father’s Day is an occasion which we are yet to celebrate actually been together as a family and this will be the second one which we have had Jess for. The reason behind this is because this time last year he was at work in Ireland it was close to his 6 months out there and then, of course, this year he is out in the Falklands. Joe’s birthday falls around the father’s day this year it is the Monday before which means that it makes the occasion a little bit harder because we have to get him to sets of presents.
I was reading the lovely Harriet’s blog where she did an interview with her children so that you could find out a little bit more about the guy her kids call Dad. As you can imagine Jess is a little bit too young to do this but due to the fact that he is featured more on my blog now due to us doing the Dear Dada series every Sunday, I thought I would still answer the questions so you can get to know him a little bit better.
Thank you to the amazing Nicola from Mummytodex for tagging me in this post all about music that have defined a period of my life. Back in the day music actually used to play a huge part in my life at the moment, it doesn’t play as much of a part but I am sure this will change again in the future. Without further ado this is the soundtrack to my life you will realise that I listen to so many genres.
Status Quo – Rocking over the world. I think this song reminds me of so many memories I remember it been played when Hull FC had won the Challenge Cup way back in 2005. I was only 10 at the time but remember vividly after the club song that this was played. I have been lucky to see Status Quo twice with my Mum and they were amazing I think this is where the love for rock music comes from.
Meatloaf- Paradise by the dashboard lights is another oldie but goodie this song reminds me when we used to have tapes in the car who else remembers that? My dad used to always put meatloaf on on the way back from my Nan’s house who lived around 45 mins away we used to turn the music up so loud and sing at the top of our lungs. I think I might still know every word to this song clearly my parents have good musical taste.
I really love reading more about people behind the blogs I think I am going to try and share more about me in the next few months because I actually want this to feel like a personal blog and like you actually know me personally. I was tagged by the lovely Beth who if you don’t already read her blog you should she set me 10 questions in which I am going to answer in this post.
2. What’s your signature dish to cook for dinner?
Motherhood is something which people make look super easy but I can tell you from my own experience sometimes this is not the case. If you are like me sometimes you will feel super guilty for doing certain things like currently, I feel guilty because I have not spent a lot of time with Jess recently because I have been revising for my exams. I also feel like I may miss some of the milestones which she is the achievement because of uni but I know in the long run it is for the best. I also feel like I do not celebrate enough of the amazing achievements which we have together. I was tagged by Katie from livinglifeourway to post 10 reasons why I am rocking motherhood.
- I feel like I am constantly winging it when it comes to parenting I have never actually read a book on it at all. I am always following my own instincts and I seem to be doing pretty good at the moment because Jess is still alive.
- I spend more money on Jess than I do on myself this girl has a way better wardrobe than me and I would not have it any other way because she really is my princess.
- I love cuddles of Jess if I have any worries she seems to be able to take them away with just one simple cuddle and she does not know how much it actually means to me.
- I make sure that I have one day a week usually on a weekend were I do not do any work till Jess is in bed then it means that she does not always think that I am working either on my blog or university work.
- There is nothing I would not do for Jess to keep her healthy, happy and safe
- I can speak Jess because she is now trying to talk more and more, however, I am sure that some people can not understand what she is saying but Mummy knows what she means I can translate and then tell you what she is trying to say.
- I actually love Paw Patrol and I feel like I could watch this without Jess at least this is better than Peppa Pig which I used to love but can not stand anymore.
- I now can not eat a meal without Jess trying to eat something off my plate but this amazes me because she will try and steal fruit and I know some children will not try fruit or vegetables.
- I don’t think that baths have ever been so fun sometimes we even treat Jess to a lush bath and when she gets one of them her face is just amazing. This makes me so happy I know she is super excited and loves having a treat when she has been a good girl.
- I can’t believe how I have mastered commuting an hour each way every single day and we actually do it on the train. Most people hate commuting but can you imagine it with a one-year-old well this is what I do.
I tag the following awesome mamas to take part in this challenge too:
Paige from Paiges Preferences
Hannah from The Amphletts
Claire from Dear Mummy Bear
Lauren from lauren-ohara-x
Here are the Rules
1. Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.2. List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind.)3. Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.4. Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar
I decided that today I was going to a tag which have previously done before but update it and share it with you today.The tag is 100 questions that nobody ever asks tag and I remember it been done on youtube a lot around this time last year and this is what inspired me to update and repost it. Also I feel lik becuase I have been blogging more there is a lot of new people here who might not know this about me
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
I sleep with mine closed but Jess’s open because she has to many clothes for them all to fit in her wardrobe can you believe that.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?
I have done this if the shampoo smells nice I really don’t know why because I have more than enough shampoos and conditioners at home.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
I sleep with them out nobody has time to tuck them in before sleeping right once you get into bed all you want to do is sleep.
No this is not something I have done they are way to high to steal
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
Not really because they always seem to come off and on the floor so I don’t tend to bother.but this is something which I think I am going to start to use more when I go back to university in order to make me more organised,
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
8. Do you have freckles?
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
12. Have you peed in the woods?
13. Have you ever pooped in the woods?
14. Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing?
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
I have only slept with my daughter this week when she has been having a nap
I only have a single bed which sucks but i don’t need any bigger right now
18. What is your song of the week?
19. Is it OK for guys to wear pink?
Of course it is fine why is there still gender stereotypes in this ages
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
21. What is your least favourite movie?
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
This is a secret because you might steal it
23. What do you drink with dinner?
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
25. What is your favourite food?
26. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love?
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
I feeling it was Jess
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
No I was not
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
33. Ever ran out of gas?
34. What’s your favourite kind of sandwich?
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
36. What is your usual bedtime?
37. Are you lazy?
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
40. How many languages can you speak?
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
42. Which are better: legos or lincoln logs?
43. Are you stubborn?
44. Who is better: Leno or Letterman?
Sorry I will apologize I know you have not had a post from me in a couple of weeks Jess actually became will which meant that I had to have a couple of days off university. I did not managed to get as much work done as I would have if I had been there, I still am catching up with all the work I have do which of course has meant I have not had as much time as I would have liked to blog. Hopefully this is something which will change very soon,
Anyway today I am here to share the Mummy Tag with you guys
1. Are you a Stay At Home Mum or a Working Mum?
I guess you would say that I a working Mum to do the fact I am a student so it is like having a full time job between commuting to uni and doing the work. It is a lot of work but this is not something I would changed for the world.
2. Would you have it any other way?
I would love to finish my degree which is something I hope to do in a couple of years time and then I would love a job within the sports industry something which is going to make my daughter be proud to say I am her Mummy, Plus I can’t wait to have her on all my graduation pictures and everything
3. Do you Co-Sleep?
Nope we only co-sleep when Mummy has had enough of attending to her in her cot because she is next to my bed due to the fact we live with my parents so have to share a room. I don’t really like co sharing with her due to the fact she is such a fidget and seems to be able to kick me out of bed easy she is like me and loves to starfish as well.
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
Now I would say that it is her pram because I commute to uni on the train Jess spends a lot of time in it. We just have a cheap buggy at the moment which does the job and this is from Little Tikes let me know if you would like a review on it at some stage as this is something I would be willing to do.
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
This is something we spoke about this weekend actually we plan on having one or two more children if the next one is a boy it means that we will only have one. Due to the fact we would really love one of each but if we have two girls we might try once more for a boy but who knows what the future holds.
6. Date nights? How often do you have them?
We have more date afternoons due to the fact that we do not live together and because I go to university in York where he is based it is so much easier. We do it on a friday afternoon when we both have some time however we haven’t managed to go to the cinema yet which is something we used to love to do .
7. Your child’s favourite show?
Jess does not really watch a lot of TV but if I had to say one thing I would say Paw Patrol or Thomas they seem to always get her attention.