A couple of weeks ago I actually was cooking for my brother and Jess one Saturday night and of course, they are both people who love pasta and cheese so of course I have to use these items so this when I decided to create a cheesy bacon mushroom pasta bake. This is something which would keep us warm on a cold autumnal night because after all it is something which felt super hearty and that is always something which you want at this time of year. So today I thought I would share with you the recipe and pictures so that you can make it yourself.
The ingredients for this recipe is:
5-6 White Mushrooms
6 Slices of Bacon
A Jar of pasta bake source
A shallow ovenproof dish
The first step I did was cut the bacon and I had to cut the fat off the bacon because this is something which I can not stand. Of course, I had to make sure that the bacon chunks were not too big because I was feeding a toddler and sometimes she decided that she does not want to chew food up even though she really should. I fried it till it looked like it was all cooked it doesn’t matter if it not fully cooked as it will go in the oven later.
What are your favourite recipes to cook in the autumn/winter months let me know. As cooking is something I want to do more.
I then stir in and made sure that it all of the pasta was covered because this is what is going to give it the flavour. It is at this stage I added the mushrooms which have been washed and sliced you could actually purchase them this way if you wanted to. I think I added about 5-6 mushrooms into my recipe. I also added the bacon I forgot to take a picture when I had added the bacon but this is when I did this. I put it on gas mark 5 I think it is for 25 minutes
This is a picture of the pasta bake at halfway you need to remove this from the oven after 25 minutes this is the stage where you need to make sure that you stir it. Make sure that the pasta is all over covered in the sauce and if you want the cheese to add this to the top. Of course, I had to add a ton of cheese because these people are cheese fiends Jess would have it all the time if she could. You need to then put it back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
And this was the finished article I promise it did look a lot nicer than it actually it looked. This was something which I think Jess enjoyed because she asked for more and this must mean that she really enjoyed it. For sure this is something which I would cook again even though it takes 45 mins plus prep time. It might have to be something which I would cook when we were having a couple day at home.
What are your favourite items to cook in the autumn/winter months because cooking is something which I want to do more and hopefully get Jess involved in the future. Please leave your recipes links in the comments.
As you, I am sure that you are very aware that valentine’s day is coming up but as a parent, it means that you many not be able to get a babysitter and be able to go out on an actual night out for a meal but this doesn’t mean that you can not celebrate. You could actually cook a meal for your other half something which I love to cook is a chilli you can change the recipe which I am going to share with you today due to the fact I do love pretty hot food but I aware that some people mat not be the same as me
I know this may be different to how other people making it due to the fact that I do not fry the mince this is due to ease because when I am cooking sometimes I am juggling a number of things such as looking after Jess and doing other things.
The ingredients which I use are the following:
500g lean minced beef
1 packet of Schwartz Hot Chilli Powder.
1 carton of Cirio chopped tomatoes and basil
1 chilli (optional)
1 tin of Cirio baby plum tomatoes.
The most important part now the method:
- Shred the mince with a knife and fork make sure its medium pieces
- Add to a microwaveable tub followed by cover with clingfilm
- Microwave the mince for 6 minutes on 100 power I have an 850w microwave so you may have to adapt this depending on your wattage
- While waiting for this to cook chop up the chillis if you are adding them to the mixture.
- During this time I also put the rice in the rice cooker, however, you could boil this in a pan and do it this way if you’re not fortunate to own a rice cooker.
- Once the 6 minutes are over they are I stir the mince up to make sure that it is fully cooked I also shred the mince again to make sure that there are no major clumps of mince.
- This followed by putting the mince on again for another 10 minutes on 100 power.
- Add the tomatoes both the tin and the cartoon to the mixture along with the chilli mix and chillis should you be using them
- Stir in the mixture making sure it is as even as it can be
- On completion of this, I put it back in the microwave for another 5 minutes
- Again I really want to make sure it’s as even as it can be so I stir this in again
- Finally, I finish the chilli off by putting it back in the microwave for another 5 minutes.
Again you could change the recipe a little bit because you may want to add kidney beans this is not something which we do not do as some of our family do not like them. Obviously, you really do not need to add chilli’s you could actually add some of the chillies flakes if you want a little bit of heat but not too much.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day
This item contains a PR sample however, all views are my own as normal