A pie is something which I have been fancying for a long time. I wanted to make something a little bit different to the ones which you can pick up in the stores. I was browsing on pinterest and I found one which was Chicken, Leek and Brie. Brie is something which I love and rarely cook with I do not think I have done since we moved. This is a meal which we loved actually and we can not wait to make again. I know this is properly not going to happen until the autumn/ winter months. It is an amazing comfortable food which I is something which you sometime need. For sure this is for sure something which we will make again in the future. It was pretty easy to make as well.
Ingredient – Serves 4
2 Large squares of puff pastry
1 Leek thinly sliced
3 Crushed garlic cloves
400g Chicken diced into 1 inch cubes
125ml White Wine
125ml Chicken Stock
2 Tablespoons Cornflour
60ml Cold Water
100g Brie thinly sliced
60g Parsley Chopped
1 Egg lightly beaten
Salt and Pepper
- In a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat, melt the butter and cook down the garlic and leek until soft. Add chicken and cook through.
- Add the wine and Chicken Stock and cook for a further 5 Minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornflour and water to create a paste. Add this to the chicken mixture along with the chopped parsley.
- Mix through the whole mixture and remove from the heat.
- Take the first sheet of the puff pastry. Leave a 1 ½ inch border around all sides make about 8 evenly spaced slits along the width of the pastry sheet.
- Place the second sheet on the baking tray and spoon the chicken mixture into the center. Spread the mixture out, leaving a 1 ½ inch border.
- Place the slices of brie on top. With a pastry brush (or your finger), brush some of the beaten egg around this border.
- Put the first sheet on top of the second, press down the border with your fingers and brush the egg over the top of the pie.
- Cook for 20 minutes on 200c until the Chicken, Leek and Brie Pie is golden brown. Wait 5 minutes for it too cool otherwise you may burn your mouth.
I am so glad that I made the Chicken, Leek and Brie pie. For sure this is a new comfort food which I can not wait t make again in the future. It only took around 40 minutes to make. I know this is going to be one which Joe is going to demand we make again. It was so simple as well.
What is your favourite pie filling?