Today I am going to be sharing with you a meal which we made recently. We decided that we was going to make Singapore Noodles. This is something which we would order from the takeaway should we choose Chinese. However, I am sure as most of you are aware we are trying to save money and avoid takeaways. So we decided to make some Singapore Noodles at home. I will warn you that we used double the amount of green beans because we had them to use up.
Ingredient- Serves 2
100g Dried Rice Noodles
2 tbsp Groundnut Oil
1 Green Chilli,Finely Chopped
2 Spring Onions, Finely Chopped
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
100g Green Beans, topped
2 Carrots sliced
Ingredient for the sauce
1/2 tsp Curry Powder
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Rice Wine
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1. Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of boiling water for 3 minutes then drain and refresh under cold water.
2. Mix all the sauce together in a small bowl and set aside
3. Prepare all the other ingredient and place next to the hob so they are close by when you need them
4. Heat the oil in the wok, add the chilli and fry over a high heat for a few seconds.
5. Then add the ginger paste ,garlic paste then also the spring onions and fry for around 30 seconds.
6. Crack the eggs into the wok and stir so that the yolks break up. Fry until the egg forms small particles which are cooked.
7. Add the green beans, peas and carrots and all the sauce. Then add the sauce ingredient.
8. Toss to coat and cook for 3-5 minutes until the beans are no longer raw but they have some crunch left in them.
9. Add the noodles to the wok and toss everything together. Make sure the noodles are cooked through and coated well in the sauce.
For sure the Singapore Noodles are going to be a meal which we make again when we are having a fakeaway. I know this is a meal which Joe loved as well so for sure it is going to be added to the menu again. It is super simple to make as well as you can see. It takes less time to cook than waiting for your Chinese.
Have you ever made your own Singapore Noodles?