Smoked Haddock is something which Joe and I love. We tend to pick up a lot of the fish which we consume get reduced. This does mean that we are able to add a lot more fish to our diet. This is something which we do actually love. I wanted to get some of it used from the freezer and I knew we had some smoked haddock in. I searched Pinterest and actually found a recipe for Smoked Haddock Curry. This would be great even in the summer months because it is a lot lighter than an normal curry. For sure this is one which I would make again and I know a couple of my friends are dying to try it as well.
Ingredient – Serves 4
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 large chopped onion
3 chopped garlic cloves
1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 chilli finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 sweet potato peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
2 teaspoons fish sauce
400ml coconut milk
250ml white wine
500g skinless smoked haddock cut into large chunks
A handful of spinach
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan then add the onion and garlic. Fry these for a couple of moments over a medium heat.
- Add the chilli, coriander seeds, turmeric and continue to fry for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet potato, fish sauce, white wine and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Continue for 12-15 minutes until the sweet potato becomes soft.
- Add the haddock to the pan, stir carefully and cook for 4–5 minutes, then add the spinach and season.
- Serve with rice or nan bread.
The smoked haddock curry is that simple to make. With all of the prep which you may need to do you can have this done in under 30 minutes. This does mean that you can have it during the week after work. For sure this is a meal which you would be looking forward to coming home to cook.
Have you ever had a smoked haddock curry?