Today I am going to share with you a new series which is called meal inspiration Monday’s. I sometimes struggle with ideas of what food I am going to create for meals for me and my family. I have been searching online for some new recipes because we all get bored of the same meals. Each Monday I am going to share with you a meal which I have created recently for my family and how I did it, and one day you may want to create similar meals. When you do not know what to create.Today I am going to share with you a meal which I created which is a Pork, Feta and Courgette Burgers. I like burgers but I get bored of normal beef burgers and sometimes I want something different. Instead, I have taken a twist on burgers and a similar recipe which I found on the Good Food website.
Here are the ingredient which you need in order to create the pork, feta and courgette burgers. The following will allow you to make 4 burgers.
- 500g Pork Mince
- 100g Feta Crumbled
- 1 Large Courgette
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1/2 Chilli Flakes
- Zest of Lemon
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Black Pepper
Things you need
- Mixing Bowl
- A Plate
- Crush the garlic, zest the lemon and also chop the courgette into small chunks.
- Beat the egg.
- Mix the pork mince, feta, courgette, crushed garlic, chilli flakes and zest of lemon and beaten egg into a mixing bowl everything but the olive oil.
- Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper into the mix
- Round the mix into the a burger shape making sure you have 4 if you have used the same ingredient as above
- Put the pork, feta and courgette burgers into the fridge for at least 15 minutes. This will allow the burgers to firm up as at the moment they are not the consistency of raw burgers
- If like me you are going to some freeze your pork, feta and courgette burgers now is the time.
- Preheat your grill to the highest it can go, I actually use my George Foreman Health Grill instead.
- Coat both sides of the burger with Olive Oil this will prevent it from sticking.
- Cook for between 8-10 Minutes till golden brown.
I served my pork, feta and courgette burger naked which means it did not have the bread. The reasons why mine is not golden burn and more burnt looking is due to using the George Foreman. I decided that I was going to have some oven chips and salad with mine however, you could have anything to accompany your burgers. This is a healthier alternative to a takeaway burger and also for a fraction of the price if like me you are trying to save some pennies.
Please let me know if you try the Pork, Feta and Courgette Burgers.