The slow cooker is something which we have been slowly getting back into using. We have been more busy which has mean the use of the slow cooker has been ideal for us. Whether it is a day out and we are getting home a bit late to start preparing a whole meal. So today I am sharing a meal which we had a few weeks ago now. This was a Peri Peri Chicken made in the slow cooker. As you can see we even made the marinade from scratch too.
Ingredient serves – 4
625g boneless skinless chicken thigh cut into large chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
2 teaspoons piri piri spice belnd
1 red onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 red pepper deseeded and diced
1 yellow pepper deseeded and diced
400g can chopped tomatoes
150ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon cornflour
salt and pepper
- Put the chicken into a large plastic food bag.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, tomato puree, sugar and piri piri together with a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the plastic bag with chicken.
- Then add onions, garlic and peppers. Seal the then shake the contents together to mix. Leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Tip the tomatoes in a small saucepan.
- Mix the cornflour to a paste with a little bit of cold water. Add the paste into the small saucepan. Bring the mixture to boil and stir.
- Tip the mixtures in the large plastic food bag into the slow cooker. Pour over the hot tomato sauce then cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Make sure the peri peri chicken is fully cooked before serving.
- You can serve the peri peri chicken with rice or anything you want.
Have ever made peri peri chicken in the slow cooker?