Sometimes we all want a simple meal which the whole family are going to eat. Of course, you always have those meals for emergencies in the freezer. I wondered if I could make one of those meal chicken goujons from scratch because this then means I know what is in them. Plus they also seemed a really easy meal to make and could be frozen for when we needed them as well. Today I am going to share with you the recipe which I think is originally a Hello Fresh meal to make these paprika chicken goujons.
Ingredients- Serves 2
2 Chicken Breasts
Glug Of Oil
24g Plain Flour
1/2 Lime Zest
10g Dried Thyme
- Lay one of the chicken breasts between two sheets of clingfilm and bash until 2cm thick. I did it with a rolling pin, to be honest, it helps get rid of any anger. Do this for all chicken breasts
- Cut the flattened chicken breast into 6 to 7 long strips
- Put a glug of oil in large frying on a medium to high heat. Let it get really hot
- Put the flour in a mixing bowl with the lime zest, paprika and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together really well then add the chicken strips. Toss with your hands to ensure the chicken is well coated in the seasoning flour.
- Once the oil is hot add half the chicken to the pan.
- Cook until golden all over this should be 3-4 minutes.
- Then cook the other half and serve with wedges, chips or salad.
Hopefully, you found this very interesting because I know Goujons are something which a lot of people go for when they need a quick meal.
What are your go-to quick meals?