Today I am going to share with you another meal which we have had recently. This meal is a mixed vegetable curry, curry is something which we love. I decided to do a mixed vegetable curry instead of chicken as you may know I can not cook that due to pregnancy. Curry is still something which I want to be able to still consume. Of course, I am sure this is a healthier option because you do have the vegetables. I am sure this is a meal which Joe is going to love as well. I have not made it for him yet, I have only made it when he has been away. You make it in the slow cooker as well which is amazing when you do not have a lot of time.
Ingredient- Serves 4-6
2 tsbp vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2-3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
1 tbsp hot curry powder
2 onions chopped and cut into wedges
225g sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
225g potatoes, peeled and chopped
175g carrots peeled and chopped
175g cauliflower florets
125g frozen peas
3 tomatoes chopped
Few Fresh curry leaves
2 tbsp ground almonds
4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add the seeds and fry for 30 seconds
- Add the garlic, curry powder and onions. Gently cook for 5 minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the remaining vegetables except for the peas and tomatoes to the pan.
- Add the water and bring to the boil once you have done this carefully transfer to the cooking dish.
- Cover with the lid and switch to the slow cooker to auto-cook for one hour.
- After an hour switch to the slow cooker to low and cook for 5 hours.
- Add the peas and tomatoes and continue to cook on low for 1 hour.
- Stir in the curry leaves, ground almonds and yoghurt.
- Continue to cook on low for 30 minutes or until hot.
Usually, I serve this with some rice and nan bread. It is such a simple meal to make yes there is a bit of preparation needed but that can be part of the fun. In the past, I have made more than I need and actually frozen it. I can confirm it is as nice if you do freeze it. For sure this is going to be a meal which I will make more now the weather has started to be cooler.
Have you ever made a vegetable curry?