Chicken is something which we love to eat in this family. I think one of the reason why this is the case is because there are so many different things which you can do. The Italian chicken bake is supposed to be a twist on actually pizza because it does have the same ingredient as the pepperoni pizza. I know if I was going to make this Italian chicken bake again I would actually serve with pasta in order to make sure this soaked the sauce up. This is one which I could make easy on a weekend because it does take around 45 minutes. This includes the preparation time.
Ingredient- Serves 4
1 Chopped Onion
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Diced Chicken Breast Fillet
2 Peeled and thinly sliced garlic
2 tsp Dried Oregano
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatos
125g Mozzaraella cheese thinly sliced
50g Sliced pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 180f
- In a frying pan add the oil and then fry the onion until this is translucent.
- Add the diced chicken and fry until brown for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes and then allow it to bubble for 5 more minutes.
- Pop the mixture into an ovenproof dish topping it with mozzeraella and then pepperoni.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the pepperoni starts to curl.
The Italian chicken bake is something which we shared served with the garlic bread. You may have seen this in our meal plan a couple of weeks ago. For sure this is another meal which I will be making in the future, it is one which I would not have thought about. I think this is going to be a meal which I could serve with in the summer with salad.
Have you made something like this Italian Chicken Bake?