Today I am going to share with you a recipe which we have made several times. If you read my meal plans you will now that I make my own chicken kiev’s. This is actually a meal which originally came from Hello Fresh when we used to be subscribed. We enjoy it that much we have made it so many times since. I am sure this is a meal which we are going to continue to make as well. It is super simple and one which everyone enjoys. Anyway, on to the recipe so that you can make it yourself.
Ingredient – Serves 2
2 Chicken Fillet
10g Panko Breadcrumbs
Parsley (use as much as you want)
- Preheat your oven to 200c
- Mix your butter and parley together to make herby butter. Use a fork to make sure that it is well mixed.
- Put your chicken breast on a chopping board. Insert the knife into the thickest part of the chicken breast and slice to make a deep pocket. You want to make this about 5cm thick. You need to do this for both chicken breasts.
- Then divide the herb butter between each one, pushing it into the pocket and flattening it with your hands.
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs, with some more parsley, a drizzle of oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Smear one side of the chicken with a little mayo. Place it mayo- side-down into the crumbs. Smear the other side of the chicken with mayo and turn it over so both sides are coated. Do this for both chicken breasts.
- Lightly oil a baking tray and lay the chicken fillets on it. Bake on the top shelf of your oven for 25-30 mins.
- One the chicken is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the middle you can serve your chicken kiev.
This is such a simple meal which you can serve with a Jacket Potato or even salad depending on the weather. For sure this is a meal which I love I feel like this is a lot nicer than the chicken kiev that you get from the supermarkets as it is a lot juicier.
Have you ever made your own chicken kiev?