Fish is not something which we have a lot in this house. However, we do actually have a lot of fish in the freezer so it did seem like a really good time to have more fish. I know that a lot of people have fish for Good Friday now this Haddock Fish Pie is something which you could make this easter. This actually was actually such an easy meal to make there is not a lot of preparation. Bonus because it does mean that this can be consumed as one of your midweek meals instead of having the same old boring things. I did not even have to purchase many ingredients for this I managed to have most of them already. I found this recipe on Pinterest if this is not something you are using you sure need to be. A lot of my inspiration from there and have found myself trying a wider range of foods. Anyway on to the Haddock Fish Pie recipe so you can make it for yourself.
Ingredients- Serves 4
1 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, sliced
125g cooked prawns
Salt and Pepper
4 x 110g smoked haddock fillets
3 Large potatoes, peeled, par-boiled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200c
2. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and fry for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
3. Add the flour, stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
5. Return to the heat and cook, stirring well, until the sauce has thickened. Simmer gently for five minutes.
6. Stir in the prawns and season with salt and pepper.
7. Place half the sauce into a pie dish.
8. Place the haddock fillets on top, then spoon over the remaining sauce.
9. Top with the sliced potatoes and season with some more freshly ground black pepper.
10. Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the potatoes are golden and the fish is completely cooked through.
As you can see this is such a simple meal to do it only takes about 10-15 mins prep. Then it is as simple as sticking it in the oven and you can forget about it which is a bonus because you can get on with other things.