Pasta is something which in this house goes down a storm. Jess adores it and it is one of those meals which you do not need a lot of time to make a pasta dish. Today I am going to be sharing with you a meal which we had a while back and that is Chorizo and Red Pepper Pasta Bake. I am sure this is a recipe which we will be repeating even more as we get closer to welcoming player 4. I am finding myself not having as much energy to cook anymore and I know I am not going to have a lot of time once they arrive. I really must start batch cooking so we have a freezer full of food ready.
Another thing which I adore about this recipe is that it is super simple to make and does not need a lot of ingredients which means you can just throw it together last minute. This is why it seems to be a meal which we have when we are busy. Anyway on to the recipe so you can make your own Chorizo and Red Pepper Pasta Bake.
Ingredients- Serves 4
400g Fusilli Pasta
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Red Pepper
1 Tablespoon Red Pesto
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Tablespoon of Dried Basil
200g Grated Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180c or gas mark 4
- Cook the pasta according to the packet which is usually 12-15 minutes
- While the pasta is cooking, crush the garlic, chop the pepper into cubes and slice the chorizo.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add in the red pepper, chorizo, and garlic. Don’t forget to mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Pour in the passata and red pesto with the dried herbs and give another good mix.
- Transfer into an ovenproof dish and top with the grated cheese
- Place on the bottom shelf of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
Once this is in the oven this gives you some time to do some other thing which you may need to do. You can serve this meal with a salad or garlic bread depending on your mood that evening.
Have you ever made chorizo and red pepper pasta bake?