Today I am going to be sharing with you another meal which I have made as a result of Pinterest. Burgers are something which Joe loves however, they are not something which we have that often. I actually came across a recipe for Chickpea Buffalo Burgers now Veggie burgers are something which I love. I decided that I was going to make them a meal recently. I am going to share the recipe which I used to make chickpea buffalo burgers this is something which I would not have made if it was Pinterest. For sure this is a burger which I would make again because they were full of flavour and spice. They are not something which Joe would normally go for he instead would go for a meaty version of a burger.
Ingredience- Makes 6
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cubed red pepper
1/2 onion cubed
1 stalk celery cubed
2 garlic cloves crushed
125g rolled oats
425g chickpeas drained and rinsed
4 tablespoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a frying pan, fry red pepper, celery, garlic and onion in olive oil for about 3 minutes until softened.
- While you’re doing this. Gently pulse oats and chickpeas in a food processor until chopped, not completely blended. I find it easier to do this in small bursts.
- Combine the veggies with the chickpeas mixture in a large bowl then mix in the egg and hot sauce.
- Make 6 patties with the mixture. Mould them into pattie shapes with your hands.
- Let them chill in the fridge for 15-30 minutes if you have the time. We did this, however, e are not always that organised.
- Fry the burgers for a few minutes on each side until outside is crispy and insides are warmed
- You now can put them in the bread. You can even add salad if this is something you want to add.
Have you ever had Chickpea Buffalo Burgers? For sure this is something which we are going to be remaking soon. They would even work on the bbq if this is something you are having.