Today I am going to be sharing with you a recipe which we made recently. Burgers are something which we love however, we never seem to be able to find ones which we love at the supermarket. They are also super easy to make and also a lot of fun. Cooking is something which allows Joe and I to bond and spend some quality time together. Anyway on to the recipes so you can make these tasty chickpea burgers.
Ingredient- Serves 2
24g plain flour
40g Mango Chutney
15g Fresh Coriander
15g Zanzibar Curry Spice Mix
2 Burger Buns
- Firstly remove the pistachios from their shells and finely chop. Roughly chop all the coriander. Trim and coarsely grate the carrot you do not need to peel the carrot.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a sieve.
- Pop the pistachios, carrot, chickpeas and coriander in a large bowl along with the flour, Zanzibar curry powder, mango chutney and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Use a fork to break up the chickpeas and mash everything together, then use your hands to squish the mixture into one burger-shaped patty per person, about 2cm thick. I sometimes make mine a bit thicker than this but it does not matter or affect the burger.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the chickpea burgers in the hot oil until golden on both sides. This should take around 3-4 mins on each side. You have to fry these sadly they are not great in the George Foreman.
- Spread a little mayo over each bun half. Pop a chickpea burger on the bottom bun, then place some tomato slices on top.
- Serve with chips, wedges or salad. As you can see we went for wedges and salad as I am trying to eat a little bit healthier at the moment.
Have you ever made chickpea burgers? They’re a great alternative to a meat version, along with been healthier and cheaper to make.