If you have read my meal plans you will know that bacon and leek risotto is something which I made recently. The reason behind this was the fact that I had some leek to use up and wanted something warm. I was searching online for something to make and this is when I came across a bacon and leek risotto recipe. I for some reason thought that it was going to be super hard to make. This could not have been further from the truth. This is a meal which you could make after work if you wished.
Ingredient -S erves 4
1 tbsp olive oil
6 rashers back bacon finely chopped
2 leeks halves then finely sliced
250g risotto rice
750ml Hot chicken stock
175g frozen peas
3tbsp soft cheese
Utensils- Frying pan, Knife, Wooden spoon, Ovenproof dish with lid,
1.Heat oven to 200C/180C fan
2. Add bacon to frying pan and fry for 2 mins.
3. Add leeks and fry for a further 4-5 mins until soft
4. Tip Rice in and cook for a further 1 minute
5. Pour hot chicken stock
6. Transfer into overproof dish and cover
7. Place in oven for 20 minutes stirring half way through
8. When rice is just tender and all liquid is absorbed, remove from oven and stir in peas. Place back in oven for 2 mins more
9. Remove from oven and stir in the cheese.
This is so simple and takes under 40 minutes to make a tasty and filling bacon and leek risotto. I think that this was an easy way of using some leftover which would have otherwise got thrown away.
Have you ever made a risotto from scratch?