Baking is something which I love to do, I find it therapeutic. With Valentine’s Day coming up I thought I would create something which ties in with the theme. Hearts is something which is symbolic with Valentines so this is why I created the raspberry heart cookies. These are cute, easy to make and also great mix of been light and sweet.
These are super easy to make which means that you could make them with your children. In the future I can see this been something I do with Jess as she loves to bake. You do not have to make them raspberry at all you can use any flavour jam. Some of the ones which I made ended up been strawberry due to it been the only type of Jam which we had in.
Prep Time- 10 Minutes
Cook Time- 10 Minutes
Serves- 11 depending on size of your cookie cutter
2 TSP Almond Extract
240g Plain Flour
Utensils– Baking Tray, Heart Cutter, Rolling Pin
- Preheat the oven to 170
- Add the sugar and butter and mix together
- Once this is creamed add the plan flour
- This then should be all mixed when you add the 2 tsp almond
- Roll out your mixtures
- Use the heart cookie cutter and cut out the cookies
- Place them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes
- Leave to harder and cool.
- Use the same heart cookie cutter to spread the Jam over the heart biscuit
- Serve and enjoy
These raspberry heart cookies go really nice with a cup of coffee. These could be a great valentine’s day present for your other half. They are also great to have as a cheeky treat for sure they are something I will be making again.
What cookies do you like to make?