Today I am going to be sharing with you another meal which we have made recently. Mexican food is something which we love however, we struggle to get delivered to our house from any takeaway. So we decided that we was going to make our own beef burritos. As you can tell I over filled mine which means that I was unable to roll it and it become a burrito as such maybe this is something I need to practice this year. Anyway on to the recipe so you can make it yourself should you wish too.
Ingredient- Serves 4
- 250g minced beef
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garli
- 100g sweetcorn (we used mixed veg)
- 1 pepper sliced .
- 215g Salsa
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250g pack Mexican Style Microwave Rice
- 8 white mini wraps
- ½ head romaine lettuce, trimmed, washed and finely shredded
- Heat a frying pan over a high setting and add the mince, breaking it up with a spoon. This should take around 3-4 minutes to brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, sweetcorn, pepper and chilli to the pan.
- Fry for 8 mins or until the mince is cooked and has dried out a little this may take longer if using higher percentage fat mince.
- Stir in the salsa cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened a little bit more.
- Now it is time to cook the microwave Mexican style rice you need to cook this according to the packaging.
- Warm the mini wraps up according the packaging as well. This is something which we did not do but would again in the future.
- Fill the wraps with rice, mince and lettuce.
- Wrap into burritos and serve.
This is such a simple meal but one which I loved. For sure it will be on a meal plan again in the future. It does not take a long time which is great now I am a busy mum of 2. This is even a meal which Jess would eat so I could make it on a weekend.
Have you ever made your own burritos?