Today I am going to be sharing with you a recipe which we used recently. We found ourselves with a lot of plums which needed using up. I think I had purchased them and forgotten about them so I had to do something. So this is when I came over a recipe for Plum Oat Muffins. These are not something which I had made in the past. However, there were super easy and for me were perfect for autumn and winter. So on with the recipe to make the plum oat muffins.
Ingredient- Makes 24
250g Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
300g Rolled Oats
2 Teaspoons of Cinnomon
400g Brown Sugar
8 – 12 Large Plums, pitted and chopped into small pieces
225g Melted Butter
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line your muffin tin with muffin cases
- Combine flour, baking powder, oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Then stir to combine and break up any lumps you do not want a lumpy mixture.
- Add chopped plums and stir again to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture of the dry ingredient.
- Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix all ingredients together until just combined, do not over mix.
- Divide mixture evenly between the muffin cases. Make sure these are about 3/4 filled.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the plum oat muffins to cool for several minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For sure this is going to be a recipe which I make again. More so when plums are in season so they are not as expensive .
Have you ever made plum oat muffins?