Baking is something which we love to do in this house. This is something which I can easily do with Jess even been heavily pregnant this is something which we do. Today I am going to share with you a bake which we did a while ago however, I have not got around to sharing with you. It all came about because of the fact we had some peanut butter in the cupboard. We had purchased this for a recipe in the past. These cookies where super simple to make even Jess did not get bored when we were making these.
Ingredient- Makes 18ish
125g butter softened plus extra for greasing
75g caster sugar
75g peanut butter
1 egg yolk
250g plain flour
1/2 jar raspberry or strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180c or gas mark 4.
- Grease two baking trays with butter and line with baking paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Mix in the peanut butter and egg yolk until combined then mix with the flour to give it a soft dough.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of the dough and roll into a ball.
- Put the ball onto the baking tray. Then press your thumb or finger into the middle of the dough hard enough to make an imprint. Deep enough as well to insert 1/2 teaspoon of jam in .
- Repeat until you have no dough left.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray for a couple of moments.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to completely cool before consuming
For sure this is something which I would bake again in the future because it is so simple. They do not take long which means Jess does not get bored at all. As someone who is not a huge fan of peanut butter these were amazing a small enough to have with a cup of coffee/
Have you ever made peanut butter and jam cookies?