Recently I did some baking for a local rabbit rescue charity as part of their fundraiser. I decided that I was going to use a recipe which was in one of the baking books which I have and this was for mini lemon chocolate chip cookies however, I decided to make them large. Today I decided that I am going share the recipe for these lemon chocolate chip cookies they would be perfect to make this half term. For sure they went down a treat at this event.
Ingredients- Makes 40 mini cookies I got 16 large
1 Large Lemon
75g softened butter or magarine
75g caster sugar
1 medium egg
75g soft light brown sugar
175g plain flour
1/2 tea spoon baking powder
150g white chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 180c or gas mark 4 and grease two baking trays.
- Grate the zest from the outside of the lemon using the smallest holes of the grater. Then squeeze the juice from half of a lemon.
- Put the lemon zest, butter, caster sugar and soft light brown sugar in a big bowl then beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Break the medium egg in to a small bowl. Beat with a fork. Then add it to the big bowl a little at a time beating well each time. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and mix.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. Stir in the mixture until it is smooth. Add the white chocolate chips and stir them in.
- Make a ball with the dough. Enough that will be for a cookie then flatten slightly
- Bake more cookies using the rest of the mixture. Bake for 10 minutes until they are golden this may take longer.I think I did mine for closer to 15.
- Put them on a cooling rack before you consume your lemon chocolate cookies.
Have you ever made lemon chocolate cookies or ever purchased them? For sure there not something I think I have ever heard. There not a flavour I think I have even see together.