Today I am going to be sharing with you a recipe which we did last year. This is a recipe for some hot cross cookies. An alternative to some traditional hot cross buns. We actually found them and forgot about them till after Easter. So it was too late to share with you. So I thought I would share with you this year so that you can make them before Easter. For sure this is something which we be making again this year. Of course, Troy can even try them this time he was way too small last year.
200g Soft Butter plus extra for the trays
100g Light muscovado sugar
250g Plain Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Powder
200g White Chocolate Chip
1.Preheat the oven to 170 Fan or gas mark 4.
2. Lightly grease the baking trays with butter
3. Beat the butter, egg and sugar until it is smooth
4. Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the bowl and then combine to make a dough.
5 .Add the sultanas and 100g of the white chocolate chips. Mix everything together.
6. Roll lumps of dough into balls roughly the same size as golf balls. Flatten these onto the trays. This is something we did not manage to do well. This is one of the reasons ours are no doubt more chunky than they maybe should be.
7. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until they look golden.
8. When baked, remove the cookies from the tray and place them on a cooling rack. While they’re
cooling, get the remaining white chocolate and melt it in the microwave on low in 20-second bursts. Or you can use a hairdryer to melt chocolate it is a great hack.
9. Using a small piping bag or a teaspoon, carefully make a cross on top of each cookie. Leave the icing to set before eating.
Have you ever made Hot Cross cookies they are great if you are not normally a fan of hot cross buns. To be honest I could not believe how easy and simple they are to make.