Today I am going to be sharing with you 3 easy family friendly recipes. I was challenged the lovely people at Jack’s supermarket to create some family friendly recipes. We love eating as a family in this house and this is something which has only increased since Troy has joined in with food at meal times. At the moment food shopping can be harder with prices rising and the ingredient you need not always in stock. So I had to take up the challenge of making meals which our family would eat and try and purchase every item from Jack’s for the recipe.
If like me you are anxious about been in shops right now. I did not find this store too bad there is a one way system and there is clear markings on the floor. Everyone in the store was respecting this so this was a huge bonus for me. I have been in stores were this is not the case.
Jack’s is actually owned by Tesco but it is cheaper. I would almost compare this to Aldi and Lidi in price but the are British owned. 8 out of 10 products branded Jack’s are grown, reared or made in Britain to bring you outstanding value. This also helps keep the air miles down protecting the environment. Jack’s currently have 12 stores across the UK. On to the meals which I have created with Jack’s.
The first meal which I am going to share with you a is a classic spaghetti bolognese. I know every family have a different recipe. I am going to share with you how we make this meal which all the family will be asking for more.
500g Beef Mince
1 Medium Onion
Handful of Mushrooms
A Jar of Pasta Sauce
2 cups of Frozen Mixed Veg
1 clove of garlic
2 TSP Mixed Herbs
2 TSBP Tomato Puree
A Dash of Chilli Power (As hot as you want it)
1 TSP Mustard Seeds
Garlic Bread to serve
- Slice the mushrooms into pieces you can choose as thick as you want.
- Boil some water in a pan once it is boiled add the spaghetti and cook according to the packaging.
- Spray the olive oil into a pan you do not want too much.
- Once the oil is hot in the pan fry the mince until it is all browned.
- Season the mince with the mixed herbs, chilli powder and mustard seeds.
- Add 1/4 of the pasta sauce allowing this to soak into the mince.
- Add the mushrooms, mixed veg and two tbsp of tomato puree.
- Once you are happy with how the veg is cooked. Some people like a bit of crunch still in their veg. Stir in the rest of the pasta sauce.
- Mix in the cooked spaghetti once it is cooked and serve.
- We usually serve with a garlic bread and there is always demands for seconds when we make a spaghetti bolognese.
This is something which we make often when we have some veg to be used up. We usually end up making this for a evening meal and having the left overs for lunch if there is any. This is something which I have made several times during lockdown since eggs have become back available. Even Jess demands more when we have this meal so that’s the sign of a good meal.
6 Large Eggs
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1 tsp Garlic Granules
4 tbsp Cottage Cheese
1 tbsp Chopped parsley or thyme
115g Feta Cheese
Ingredient you want to fill the quiche- we used bacon, mushroom onions ,sweetcorn and peppers.
- Preheat your oven to 160c fan and spray a pie dish with olive oil.
- Fry the ingredient which you are using as filling and the seasoning until they are softened. The length of time will depend on what you are using.
- Break the eggs into a bowl with the cottage cheese you need to whisk this until the cheese is broken up.
- Add the filling and the parsley or thyme into the bowl with the eggs and cottage cheese.
- Transfer into the pie dish you prepared earlier. Then sprinkle the top with the feta cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the quiche is firm including the middle.
- You then need to wait for it too cool slightly before serving.
- Usually we will serve this with a salad.
Spicy Prawn Wraps
Wraps are something which we love in this house we love a good fajita. Sometimes we end up getting bored of chicken so this is when we turn to prawns and almost make prawn fajitas. They just change it up a little bit and there is always clean plates when we use anything with wraps.
Seasoning you can use as much as you like I just throw it in not measuring
- Spray some olive oil to a frying pan add the onion and peppers and cook until softened.
- Add the the prawns and the seasoning to the pan and making sure all the prawns are covered.
- Once you are happy that the prawns are warmed all through
- Place lettuce into the wrap before adding the prawn mixture
- Fold the wrap like normal and enjoy
This is such a simple meal which always goes down so well. As you can see I have not been able to get a picture of the meal when it was finished. This was because the family love the meal so much they would not wait for me to take a picture. If this is not a sign that this is a family favourite I do not know what is.
These are 3 easy meals which the whole family will like. If they are anything like my family they will be demanding to have seconds or the meal again in the near future. This is what constantly asked for in this house,
Hopefully this has helped you with some easy family friendly meals and ones which you can also make on a budget. Stores like Jack’s always are well stocked and at great prices. If you have one local this is somewhere I would recommend visiting for sure.
What are you go to easy family meals?