Today I am back with another meal inspiration Monday. This is one which is inspired by Joe because he actually choose it. He actually found the recipe when he was flicking through one of the cookbooks which we have. The meal which he chose this week was Chicken and Chilli burgers. You may have seen it in our meal plan last week. This is a simple burger which we both enjoyed so much so I know it is one which we will be making again in the future.
This is a healthy option when it comes to burgers it also does not take too long. Plus a huge bonus for me is that it can be frozen for those meals I need when Joe is not home.
Ingredient- Serves 4
1 Onion peeled and quatered
4 Chicken breast fillets
2 Garlic cloves peeled and halved
2 Red Chillies Deseeded
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp plain flour
- Put the onion, chicken , garlic and chillies in a food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper and pulse DON’T turn it into a paste.
- Tip the mixture out into a bowl and mix in the flour and egg
- Use your hands, scoop a small handful of the mixture, roll and then flatten into a burger.
- Chill in the fridge to firm up.
- Heat on the grill. The burgers on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
These in total take around 30 minutes including the prep time. You could always prepare them before you go to work or the night before if you are short of time on an evening. But you fancy the Chicken and Chilli burgers for sure they are something we will be making again. I think I could see me doing these for an BBQ which we host in the summer. They are healthy and so full of flavour.
Have you ever thought of having Chicken and Chilli Burgers?