Welcome to the first meal inspiration Monday of the year. Today I am going to share a quick and easy recipe which we had towards the end of last year. This is a recipe which I came across when I was still subscribed to Hello Fresh. For sure this is going to be one which I am going to do again because it is one which I found to be full of flavour. This for sure is one which you could make after work because it doesn’t take too long
Ingredients- Serves 2
150g Balsmati Rice
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Spring Onions
300g Pork Mince
30ml Soy Sauce
1/4 Red Chilli
60ml Ketjap Manis
Utensils- Lid, Saucepan, Chopping Board, Grater, Knife. Frying Pan, Plate Slotted Spoon.
- Boil 300ml water in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt on a high heat. When boiling, add the rice, lower the heat to medium and pop on a lid. Cook for 10 mins, then remove from the heat and set aside leave the lid on.
- Chop the shallot into small pieces. Grate the garlic while deseeding the chilli and finely chop you can add as much as you can handle. Chop the spring onion thinly.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan once hot add the mongetout and stir-fry until tender which is around 3 minutes. Once complete transfer onto a plate.
- Once this is complete add pork mince and fry until browned around 6-8 minutes. You can break the pork up with a wooden spoon in order to make sure it is cooked. When the pork is cooked, add the shallot, garlic, spring onion and as much chilli as you dare. Cook until the veg is soft for another 2-3 mins.
- Once this is completed return the mangetout to the pan. Add the ketjap manis and soy sauce and stir everything together.
- Fluff the rice up with a fork and share between the bowls. Share the pork mixture and tuck in to the Pork Thai Rice Bowl.
This is a meal which only takes about 35 minutes including all of the prep which to be honest is not that much. I have had meals which have had a lot more preparation than this pork thai rice bowl meal. If you need to do it quickly you could do some of the prep earlier.
The Pork Thai rice bowl is one which I found to be full of flavour. There are not that many steps either which I like because this one you can see what you need to do before you start. I will be making this one again in the future as I think it was one of the best rice dishes we did actually have from Hello Fresh.
Have you tried Pork Thai Rice Bowl? If so what were you thoughts?