Its Monday again which means it’s time to share with you another meal which I have been cooking recently. I actually have made this one a couple of times due to the fact that I have found myself with courgettes left over from other meals I have made. I do not like waste and I would rather turn left overs into a meal than throw them away. One of the meals which I have made is the courgette and king prawn curry. When I made this one it actually made the whole house smell amazing and like an Indian. Just for the scent alone I would make this meal again.
Ingredients- Serves 2
2 tbsp Olive Oil
500g Courgette thickly sliced
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp ginger
6 crushed garlic cloves
1 red chilli, deseeded and finally chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground turmeric
500g chopped tomatoes
150ml hot vegetable stock
225g peeled frozen king prawns
½ small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
Items you need- frying pan, wooden spoon and sharp knife and a chopping board.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and stir-fry the courgettes for 5-6 mins until softened. Lift from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind.
- Add the cumin seeds to the pan and toast for a few seconds.
- Put the ginger, garlic, chilli and spices stirring for 1-2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes into the pan and cook for a few minutes more.
- Pour in the stock and simmer to make a thicker sauce, then add the courgettes and prawns.
- Cook gently until the prawns change from grey to pink and the courgettes are tender, but not too soft.
- Stir in most of the coriander, saving some to sprinkle over the top.
You can serve this with rice which is something which I did. Yes I have frozen rice and I know this is something which you are not meant to do at all. I think when I take this out of the freezer I may add some nan bread to go with this.
Have you every tried making a curry using courgette or king prawns?