How is it Monday already this weekend for sure this weekend zoomed by. I have managed to meal plan for another week which is amazing because I have found that if I am meal planning I am eating better. Of course, by meal planning it does mean that I am able to save money because I am not wasting food. Today I am going to share with you a meal which I consumed a few weeks ago. This is a Hello Fresh meal which I was sent and for sure Chicken and Chorizo rice is not something which I would normally be making. To me this sounds like it could be a bland meal however, when I made the Chicken and Chorizo rice it was very far from this.
Ingredient- Serves 2
1 Chicken Stock
280G Diced Chicken
30G Red Wine Vinegar
150G Green Beans
Frying Pan, Lid, Jug, Kettle and Bowl.
- Put 400ml of boiling water into a jug then add the chicken stock this then makes the chicken stock.
- Half the shallot, then peel and thinly slice
- Add a small amount of oil into the frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add the chicken and chorizo to the pan, stir and cook until the chicken is browned. This usually takes around 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is browned add the shallot and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the red wine vinegar, smoked paprika and the rice. Make sure that the rice is coated because this is going give the rice the flavour which it needs.
- Once the red wine vinegar has evaporated add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Once this has occurred reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 8 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- While this is cooking trim the green beans and chop into thirds. Halve the pepper and slice into thin slices.
- Once 7 minutes add the pepper and green beans to the pan on top of the rice BUT DON’T STIR. Add the lid again and cook for for a further 10-12 minutes.
- You know the rice is cooked when the stock is all absorbed and when the chicken is no longer pink
- Season with salt and pepper as you require.
For sure the chicken and chorizo rice is going to be a meal which I am going to make again. It is something which could be made with more ingredence so more people can enjoy. I know that everything which you use is something which Jess would eat. Which is a bonus because it does mean that I am not having to prepare two meals.
Have you ever made something so simple but as tasty and chicken and chorizo rice.