As you, I am sure that you are very aware that valentine’s day is coming up but as a parent, it means that you many not be able to get a babysitter and be able to go out on an actual night out for a meal but this doesn’t mean that you can not celebrate. You could actually cook a meal for your other half something which I love to cook is a chilli you can change the recipe which I am going to share with you today due to the fact I do love pretty hot food but I aware that some people mat not be the same as me
I know this may be different to how other people making it due to the fact that I do not fry the mince this is due to ease because when I am cooking sometimes I am juggling a number of things such as looking after Jess and doing other things.
The ingredients which I use are the following:
500g lean minced beef
1 packet of Schwartz Hot Chilli Powder.
1 carton of Cirio chopped tomatoes and basil
1 chilli (optional)
1 tin of Cirio baby plum tomatoes.
The most important part now the method:
- Shred the mince with a knife and fork make sure its medium pieces
- Add to a microwaveable tub followed by cover with clingfilm
- Microwave the mince for 6 minutes on 100 power I have an 850w microwave so you may have to adapt this depending on your wattage
- While waiting for this to cook chop up the chillis if you are adding them to the mixture.
- During this time I also put the rice in the rice cooker, however, you could boil this in a pan and do it this way if you’re not fortunate to own a rice cooker.
- Once the 6 minutes are over they are I stir the mince up to make sure that it is fully cooked I also shred the mince again to make sure that there are no major clumps of mince.
- This followed by putting the mince on again for another 10 minutes on 100 power.
- Add the tomatoes both the tin and the cartoon to the mixture along with the chilli mix and chillis should you be using them
- Stir in the mixture making sure it is as even as it can be
- On completion of this, I put it back in the microwave for another 5 minutes
- Again I really want to make sure it’s as even as it can be so I stir this in again
- Finally, I finish the chilli off by putting it back in the microwave for another 5 minutes.